Why do I need a coach?
We’re glad you asked. Find out why in this blog post.
What is coaching?
The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as “Partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. Individuals who engage in a coaching relationship can expect to experience fresh perspectives on personal challenges and opportunities, enhanced thinking and decision-making skills, enhanced interpersonal effectiveness and increased confidence in carrying out their chosen work and life roles.” (coachfederation.org)
Coaching is about asking the right questions while empowering clients to discover their own solutions and create the success they desire. In coaching, the underlying belief is that all of us have the answers within and that there are inner blocks that get in our way of achieving our goals. Some of the approaches used in coaching include intuitive listening, clarifying, empowering questions, brainstorming, creating action plans and accountability.
What are the benefits of coaching?
One of the greatest benefits of coaching is the sustainability of the changes that take place through the coaching process. Rather than only solving a problem at hand, the client’s ability to find solutions in any situation is enhanced. Imagine a forum where the only agenda is helping you achieve your goals. Coaching is a place to be heard in an unfiltered, confidential relationship that supports your growth and development so that you can overcome obstacles that get in your way and optimize your life. It’s an opportunity to get feedback in a way that challenges you to access your true potential.
What outcomes can I expect?
Some of the outcomes you can expect from coaching include:
- Increased self-awareness
- Reduced stress
- Greater engagement and productivity
- Improved relationships in the workplace and personally
- Increased ability to influence others to achieve positive, purposeful action
- Enhanced decision-making skills and confidence in decisions
- Improved communication skills
- Greater self-confidence
- Clarity of purpose
- Greater work/life balance
- More satisfaction in key areas of life
What can I work on with my coach?
Coaching is designed to support your personal career development and leadership challenges. Some of the common development areas that are addressed in coaching sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying career objectives and aligning with purpose
- Leadership development and emotional intelligence
- Networking and rapport building during interviews
- Developing strong communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Managing difficult relationships
- Overcoming setbacks and disappointments
If you have any other questions, please ask us using the form below.